My Photo
Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Gathering funds for the Archive


In the past week I have been very frustrated that I can't volunteer at the ASIFA Animation Archive on Saturdays. So I figure the next best thing I can do is donate to the archive. I began picking up all the loose change I witness, mostly at the movie theater I work at. Surprisingly this has been very effective, and I have gathered over 12 dollars in one week in loose change alone. I am also going to begin asking for small donations ($.50-$10) from my family and friends, and taking a small percent out of my paychecks. I am hoping to become a Project Hero, and if I collect enough funds quickly enough, maybe a Project Angel.

I recommend everyone who reads this or supports the Archive to start doing the same. If you don't feel like taking any money from your paychecks, just start to gather loose change, it really starts to accumulate quickly. Being charitable and preserving animation is the best thing one can do.

For the Archive!

Max Ward

8 Comments:

Blogger murrayb said...

I noticed you asked about top or bottom pegs on david gemmill's blog, most folks use bottom pegs so they can "roll" the inbetweens.

http://www.donbluth.com/inbetweener.html
(love or hate don bluth's stuff, these are good inbetweening notes)

Top pegs are for if your simulating a dolly; tracking with a walking character on a pan BG.

now all you need is a webcam or a scanner and some sort of testing software, here's a free one(you can do stop motion with it too):

http://www.giantscreamingrobotmonkeys.com/monkeyjam/index.html

Good luck!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jorge Garrido said...

You've inspired me, Max!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jorge Garrido said...

Ok, Max, you've piqued my curiosity? How do you stay fashionable without hurting your manliness? Is it the beard? I can't grow one yet!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Max Ward said...

The beard is definently part of it. Wearing clothes that are more form fitting(not really tight)helps and always keep good posture! Chicks will being trying to hump you from left and right.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ian Worrel said...

You responded to this, ""The Cal Arts style looks like it's drawn by suburban kids who had a normal easy life and don't have anything to say about the world except that their Mom is pear shaped."

Wow, what a great definition.""

I usually don't go out of my way to interfere with the JohnK cult. Thats a really irresponsible comment you've made. You will most likely find upon investigation that I am a student at CalArts, hate me if you want, but at least take the time to know me first. Don't aimlessly through comments like that around. There are 160 students in the department from all over the world with all types of backgrounds, interests, styles, beliefs, etc. Educate yourself. Try doing your own research before regurgitating JohnK doctrine.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jorge Garrido said...

Max, update your blog for Kric's sake!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous http://xeoss.com/ said...

http://xeoss.com/

Have you been on XEOSS today?

8:27 AM  
Blogger David Germain said...

It's to see that the Archive will be around for a long time thanks to your support.

Maybe my Censor Monkeys will be in there someday. ;)

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home